Monday, May 4, 2009

landscape

Just recently I traveled to Barcelona, Spain and while I was there I had the opportunity to photograph all the beautiful, unique architecture. I specially enjoyed the intricate detailed buildings by artist Antoni Gaudi. His work is inspired by nature and thus had a very fluid quality to it. Since I've been back I have been working on a poster serious with the images I took. Unlike the original "feel" of the images the posters possess a very graphic and flat quality. I personally like the look of them however after I sitting in and listening to the last digital hype speaker, Michael Hersrud I wanted to reapproach these images to create a landscape. My main goal is to use the images to create a piece that has more depth and perpective. I dont plan on changing the posters I have already created however I do want to bring in some of the graphic elements they possess.

1 comment:

  1. I think pulling in both the realist photographic quality as well as the graphic quality will be very interesting. I think this landscape will be most successful if it incorporates different mediums.

    ReplyDelete