Tuesday, May 19, 2009


For the spectacle i wanted to create an image based off of my italian heritage.  This summer I plan on traveling their to visit my family therefore i was inspired to create a piece that best represents who I am. In addition, I wanted to bring forward a piece of italy most people are not familiar with. When talking about the country very few people know that sicily even exists! And those who do know about sicily automatically assume "the mob." So therefore I am creating a piece to enlighten people about the sicilian culture. 

After working with the holga for the infinite print, i have an interest in layering images. Because I have not been there recently, I chose to use found images of sicily and layer them myself, so that they have a similar look. Lastly, I wanted to include a symbol that best represents sicily. This symbol is known as the Trinacria and is found on the sicilian flag. It was adopted after the war of the sicilian vespers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment